Sunday, January 19, 2014

About Me

I am Tristan Morgan, I am currently an aide at Sulphur Springs Middle School and loving it! I absolutely love this age group. I never thought I would like this particular age, of middle school kids, I was always in love with the smaller ages, elementary age, but I feel like after this year being placed at the middle school, I think I could be any where and be extremely happy. I am a junior at TAMU-C and I will graduate in December. I couldn't be more ecstatic that my dream is about to come true. I am the oldest sibling of 5 and the youngest is 7 years old. I have been around little children my whole life, so not being involved and being around children I feel like something is incomplete. Teaching is something that I have wanted to do every since I can remember. I was the child that was "teaching" and pretending to be a teacher with my little sister growing up. I am looking forward to this class and what all I can learn and benefit from it.

My vision for Technology in the Classroom is a positive thing. I mean I do have some negative and disadvantages that comes from technology but I feel like there is a lot more positive though. The Promethean Board is probably the coolest and most helpful technology tool in the classroom that our district has, so far. It is amazing on how much you can do on the Promethean, how much more I can tell the kids are focused and more into the lesson versus the white/marker board. I know that I am much more interested and feel like I pay attention more as being an aide/co-teacher in the classroom than I did when I was a student, just because the students can interact with the board with clickers to take a classroom quiz, come up to the board and work out problems and so forth. I really look forward on what more the schools can get in technology. Also, our district just got the electronic dictionaries and that is going to help a ton, especially on the state test. Technology is all the kids know now days. Almost all the kids have cell phones, not only cell phones, but smart phones like the iPhone, and the kids don't know anything different. That goes the same with a computer, iPad, or laptops, they know how to navigate, use these types of technology better than I can. Going into this class I hope to learn a lot on how to guide and keep kids on the positive side of technology not on the negative side.

My goals for this class is to learn a great deal on technology in the classroom, know the basics and standards on what these grade levels are needing and providing in the classroom. I would like to know how to use different tools, how I can help my students more and try and make my students parents more aware and more conscience of technology that the kids are using at home. These types of technology can help the students with homework, studying, and use better knowledge outside of the classroom. I would like to learn how to teach methods on different ways to teach technology. I am excited and can't wait to learn more on technology in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment