Thursday, February 6, 2014

MAPping Information

I conducted an online search by going to www.google.com and typing in the information I was wanting to know. I use Google almost everyday on my iPhone. To me, Google is the best and easy accessible site that I have found that doesn't get me in such a panic or frustrated trying to use it. I like how every time I pull up Google I am not interrupted by an advertisement or banners, I can immediately go straight to the search bar. I learned more in detail in this lesson about the different search engines and what to look for. I think this will help me in the classroom as well if I am needing to look up something fast and efficiently. I just now found out about the different search engines. I mean obviously I knew about Yahoo, Google and Bing but not the others, out of those I would say Yahoo is my least favorite to use just because the site is too busy and gets me distracted on what I am supposed to be doing and searching for.


After doing the MAPping Information activity I think my habits won't necessarily change because I am still going to use Google, but it will make me go into depth and search on what is the best information for me to choose from out of the search. I will continue to search through Google and if that website happens to be down or unavailable I will have to go with Bing. It is probably the closest to the Google search than any of the others listed. I think this will affect my knowledge on teaching just because I know the search engine I choose will be efficient and accurate every time I go to it. If something happens in my classroom and I am needing information fast or something for a lesson I know that Google will have my back in those types of emergencies. I think that my students in the future will be affected by this search engine by them getting use to the particular search engine I use.


I am so thankful for having this class. I think this is such a beneficial class to have especially now days in the classroom with so many technology changes being done within the school and classroom. I think after understanding and knowing these different routes and strategies to input in my knowledge and in my classroom I will be more successful knowing all this. This search engine will help me by going to reliable search engines and as well as my students on what search engines that will help them in there research information. This is good information to have and help me to be more successful in my future classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Tristan,
    I am with you. I feel as if we are going to be stuck in our ways as far as using our regular search engines. However, if we can provide our knowledge to our students. They can make this apart of their daily routine when using search engines.

    ReplyDelete