Friday, February 28, 2014

Web 2.0

I think Web 2.0 is a great resourceful tool that is very easy and accessible. I like how you can manage and create and edit content that you have online. This tool has taught me a lot on how to improve my future students essential skills as well as my own. I think it is very important, especially in today's time to know how to navigate around the world wide web, what we call the Internet. Students' today have so many projects, homework assignments, assignments, tests and other types of assignments for school that they are going to need to know these tools so they can have a successful assignment while on the computer. Children have so much accessibility to the Internet and social media that it kind of sets some teachers back a little just because they weren't grown up with the Internet and the children know a lot more than the normal average person, just because they have had access to it their entire lives so far. I think this will just strengthen and be a more positive outcome the longer it is around and time goes on. I think for us future teachers just need to be more involved and more knowledgeable to the internet and social media so we can know what our students are capable of knowing.

I think a way that we can use Web 2.0 tools to benefit in today's education would be setting up a Quizlet for your class and subject so your students can practice the material in and outside of school. Another way would be showing them how to create their own movie using Mozzilla and doing a presentation to the class about a certain subject you were learning about in the classroom. I think this will help kids with their creativity, imagination, grouping and organizing thoughts and having a way to express themselves through a school activity and having them present it the way they see the lesson we are discussing. This activity would be good in a history class, where you are learning about the certain time periods and have the students pick out a person they think is interesting and they create a presentation that includes these Web 2.0 tools to make them use their essential skills.

1 comment:

  1. Tristan,
    I agree with your post. I feel that teachers need to be knowledgeable of the technology resources. The students we will teach will be more familiar with the internet and other forms of technology. Teachers need to stay on their “A game” to keep the students engaged during lessons. I feel it is part of the job to become a continuous learner.
    -Miguel Perea Jr.

    ReplyDelete