Friday, April 25, 2014

Assessing Meaningful Learning

I think the one I liked best is Qwizdom. There is so much information that is and will be very helpful in my future classroom. I like how it informs and teaches me how to bring technology into my classroom as well as I can bring my lessons to technology. Technology is a big thing in a classroom, kids aren't use to it not being there, so if it goes back to the way we were in school it is like all we teachers get are the blank stares and they look like they are clueless. This web tool will help me be more flexible, more organized, and more helpful on bringing my lesson to "blah" to "wow". It gives it that little incentive that will hopefully make my lesson and activities seem more attention drawn and have students focused and ready to learn.

This class has taught me a lot. I absolutely all the Web 2.0 tools I learned, they are really going to make some lessons and activities of mine turn out awesome just by having the students be more involved. The Prezi presentation is something that I have never heard of but turned out to be one of my favorite projects to have ever done. I like how there is a step-by-step tool and shows all the slides within one main slide. I think this would be cool when showing steps and the way to write an essay and to help with the STAAR writing tests as well, or a good strategy tool to show how to do well on the reading STAAR. There are endless possibilities that this could be awesome for within my classroom in the future. This class gave me some good ideas on how to break out of my "shell" for technology. This will definitely make an ordinary dull lesson into a more entertaining one. The last thing that I thought was neat was the blog. I would love for my future students to have there own blog for my class and they can upload assignments, talk peer-to-peer about assignments, find study partners/groups for tests and also where I am available if they need to reach me to ask my a homework assignment outside of the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment